Magnolia Tree – Heaven Scent
- These trees are Small and rather narrow in size.
- They are deciduous and rather hardy.
- It is a heavily scented tree with dark green leaves.
- Cup shaped flowers are produced in April
- The flowers have pale pink petals, flushed with a deeper pink towards the base and a cerise pink stripe on the back of the petal.
- They are ideal for sheltered urban gardens.
- They have an average growing rate and reach height of approx 4-6 metres.
- Other trees that produce striking pink flowers include Prunus Royal Burgundy, Prunus Autumnalis Rosea, or indeed the Prunus Nigra
How to Plant Magnolia Tree
- Magnolia trees are available from pots all year round.
- You can learn to Plant a Potted Magnolia Tree by following our tutorial.
After care for your Tree.
Magnolia are low maintenance trees but there are some important points to remember:
- If planted in dry weather, trees should be watered regularly to ensure growth.
- We would also recommend watering consistently and regularly throughout the first Summer after planting.
- Ideally, trees should be staked and secured with a Timber Stake and Tree Tie Combo to give them added protection from the wind.
- We recommend you fertilise the Magnolia Tree after planting with a nitrogen rich compound such as Chicken Maure Pellets.
- Pruning can be done to maintain a shape or size on the tree but remember to prune after the tree has flowered for the season.